First used in the 1957-58 school year, it was originally known as the "New Men's Dormitory". Shortly thereafter it was named the Herbert Anderson Hall by alumnus and major donor, Dr. Herbert Anderson, Jr. after his father, Herbert Anderson, Sr. Originally, its capacity was 108 men but a wing was added for the 1962-63 school year. Academic department offices located in Anderson are the Business Administration & Economics Department
, Communication and Media Studies Department
, Graduate Education Department
, Modern & Classical Languages & Cultures Department
, Psychology Department
, and Theatre and Performance Studies Department
. The 2nd and 3rd floors are reserved as first year men's housing. It has a maximum occupancy of 160 residents at two or three persons per room.