Giddings Hall

Built in 1841, Giddings Hall was the first permanent building on Georgetown College's campus, named for Rev. Rockwood Giddings in 1908, president of the college from 1838-39. Between 1841 and 1908, it was known simply as Recitation Hall. Though Rev. Giddings passed after serving only one year in office, his work was fundamental to securing a solid foundation for the school to build upon. He raised the first endowment fund, started construction of the first permanent building, established the all-Baptist Board of Trustees and brought in the first permanent faculty members. Giddings Hall currently houses the Alumni Office, Development Office, President's Office, Provost's Office, College Relations and Marketing, and Financial Aid.