Built in 1861, Highbaugh Hall was originally the Academy Building, it was home to the literary societies who helped raise money to build it. The first floor was used by the college for preparatory academy classes. The day after the dedication of the building saw the firing on Ft. Sumter, the official start of the Civil War. Because of the turmoil this caused, the trustees suspended the college until the following September. The name of Highbaugh Hall was given to the building at the commencement of 1952. It was named in honor of Mr. L. Leroy Highbaugh, Sr. of Louisville who funded major renovations to the building in the hopes of creating a law library and school at Georgetown College. It currently houses the Business Office
, G-Card Office, Office of the Registrar.