Built in 1951, the Nunnelley Music Building was donated to the College by J. Lindsey Nunn, a 1905 graduate of the college who became the owner of numerous newspapers and radio stations. The building was named in honor of his father-in-law, Gilmore Hayes Nunnelley (1852-1933), a trustee of the College. The last major renovation was conducted on this building in 2005 where among other things it received 75 new energy-efficient windows. It currently house the offices for the Music Department Offices, and has class and rehearsal rooms.
For more information, check out the Music Department's annual newsletter, Nunnelley Notes.