President's Home

Built in 1859, the President's house also known as the Graves House, was built by Harvey C. Graves on land purchased from the Georgetown Board of Education. The College purchased the property in 1961 and Robert L. Mills was the first president to live in it. From 1956-61 the President resided down the road on Main Street, just west of Memorial Drive. From 1888-1956 the President lived in a home on Jackson, facing Giddings Hall, which was built by the College under President Dudley. It currently serves as the residence of the President and is also used to host receptions and dinners